Terms of Usage
1. Introduction and Acceptance
of which you hereby acknowledge. Such consideration includes, without limitation, your use of
TranslatinOtaku.net and the materials and information available on the same.
2. Intellectual Property
TranslatinOtaku.net and included content (and any derivative works or enhancements of the same) including, but not
limited to, all text, illustrations, files, images, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music,
videos, information, content, materials, products, services, URLs, technology, documentation, and interactive
features (collectively, the “Website Content”) and all intellectual property rights to the same are owned
by us, our licensors, or both. Additionally, all trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress that
may appear on our Websites are owned by us, our licensors, or both. You shall not acquire any right, title
3. Access and Use
1. When accessing our Websites, including without limitation to the Website
Content, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws including, without limitation
derivative works based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, transmit, or otherwise exploit Website
Content for any purpose whatsoever without obtaining prior written consent from us or, in the case of third-party
content, its respective owner. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or
printing Website Content.
- 1. remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on TranslatinOtaku.net or Website Content;
- 2. circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our Websites including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of our Websites or Website Content;
- 3. use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” our Websites or Website Content for any purpose without the express written permission of TranslatinOtaku.net. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TranslatinOtaku.net grants public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from our Websites for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. TranslatinOtaku.net reserves the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- 4. collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from our Websites including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- 5. solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- 6. attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Websites or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- 7. decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any our Websites;
- 8. use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from any of our Websites;
- 9. encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity (e.g., using another person’s Membership (as defined in Section B) without permission, etc.);
- 10. engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Websites.
3. You agree to cooperate fully with TranslatinOtaku.net to investigate any
4. User Registration
1. In order to access or use some features of TranslatinOtaku.net, you will have
to become a registered user. If you are under the age of eighteen, then you are not permitted to register as a user
or otherwise submit personal information to TranslatinOtaku.net.
2. If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and
complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant
registration information. During registration, you will create a user name and password (a “Membership”), which may
permit you access to certain areas of our Websites not available to non-registered users. You are responsible for
safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity
that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to notify us
immediately at https://discord.gg/j3enVRv of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
5. User Content
1. We may now or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit
through, or otherwise make available on our Websites (collectively, “submit”) messages, templates, text,
illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other
materials (“User Content”).
2. You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark,
patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right without the express
permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to
obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
3. You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User
- A. violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- B. impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- C. encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- D. is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- E. includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- F. contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
- G.is a chain letter of any kind.
- Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Websites will not be permitted.
4. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User
Content. However, by submitting User Content to us, simultaneously with such posting you automatically grant,
or warrant that the owner has expressly granted, to us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive,
fully sublicensable, and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based
upon (including, without limitation, translations), publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, and publish the
User Content (in whole or in part) as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate including, without limitation,
(1) in connection with our business; and (2) in connection with the businesses of our successors, parents,
subsidiaries, and their related companies. We may exercise this grant in any format, media or technology now known
or later developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content. Furthermore, you also
grant other users permission to access your User Content and to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works
based upon, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, and publish your User Content for personal, non-commercial
of User Content or for User Content which generates significant revenue, we will contact you and discuss a
revenue-sharing mechanism and/or sign a formal exclusive publishing contract with you.
5. By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the
obligation to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location
in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content. Notwithstanding the
foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to so-called “moral rights” or
rights of “droit moral” with respect to the User Content.
6. We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your
User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that
your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners and
third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
7. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We
have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable
access to any User Content.
8. If you sign a separate agreement with us regarding User Content and its
disposition, the terms in that agreement shall override the terms included here.
6. Website Content & Third Party Links
1. We provide our Websites and Website Content for entertainment purposes.
You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Websites for any other purpose. In all
instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website
Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website
2. In many instances, Website Content will include content posted by a
third-party or will represent the opinions and judgements of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not
responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on
our Websites by anyone other than authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
3. If there is a dispute between persons accessing our Websites or between
persons accessing our Websites and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to
become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release TranslatinOtaku.net and its officers, directors,
employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims,
demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
4. Our Websites may contain links to other websites maintained by third
parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party
websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content
posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your
dealings with any third-party or their website.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless TranslatinOtaku.net and its officers, directors, employees, parents,
partners, successors, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies
from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including
reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of, related to, or that may arise in connection
with: (i) your access to or use of any of our Websites; (ii) User Content provided by you or through use
actual or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant that you have made to us; or (v)
your acts or omissions. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the
subject of your obligations hereunder.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR WEBSITES AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED
ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT
LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TranslatinOtaku.net AND ITS OFFICERS,
DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES,
SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT
THE WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY,
SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE TranslatinOtaku.net; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE,
NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS
RECEIVED THROUGH ORADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITES OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY OF OUR WEBSITES; (5) WARRANTIES
CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITES; (6)
WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN
THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
9. Limitation on Liability
1. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL TranslatinOtaku.net OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS,
EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR THEIR RELATED
COMPANIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF TranslatinOtaku.net
HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH
LIMITATION, THE WEBSITE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING OUR WEBSITES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO
DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF OUR
WEBSITES OR ANY LINKS ON OUR WEBSITES, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR
ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF OUR WEBSITES OR ANY LINKS ON OUR WEBSITES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY
WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY CONTENT POSTED BY A THIRD-PARTY OR CONDUCT OF A THIRD-PARTY ON OUR
2. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT
SHALL THE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF TranslatinOtaku.net AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS,
SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES EXCEED THE GREATER
OF THE TOTAL PAYMENTS RECEIVED FROM YOU BY TranslatinOtaku.net DURING THE PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD OR
$100.FURTHERMORE, YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY
OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
3. In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. In such
jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest
extent permitted by law.
1. We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time to terminate
or suspend your Membership and/or block your access to our Websites for any reason including, without limitation if
be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your Membership or for blocking your access
to our Websites.
2. If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Membership at any
time by going to Membership page and selecting the appropriate option.
3. Any suspension or termination shall not affect your obligations to us
licenses that you have granted hereunder, indemnities, releases, disclaimers, limitations on liability, provisions
related to choice of law, dispute resolution, no class action, no trial by jury and all of the miscellaneous
provisions in Section 17.
11. Copyright Policy
1. TranslatinOtaku.net respects the intellectual property rights of others and
expects its users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, TranslatinOtaku.net may
terminate and/or disable the Membership of users who it suspects to be infringers of the copyrights (or other
intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in its sole discretion,
TranslatinOtaku.net may remove or disable access to material on any of its websites or hosted on its systems that may be
infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
2. If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the
copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of
infringement to us by providing us with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially
- A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- B. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- E. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries
that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
12. Choice of Law
laws rules. Any action arising out of your use of the Website or these Terms and Conditions shall be
brought in court located in Hong Kong.
13. Dispute Resolution
In the Dispute Resolution Section only, “we” and “us” are used to refer to you and TranslatinOtaku.net together.
1. We each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a
written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. You agree to
on the contact information you have provided us.
2. We each agree to finally settle all disputes (as defined and subject to
any specific exceptions below) only by arbitration. In arbitration, there’s no judge or jury and review is limited.
award the same damages and relief, including any attorney’s fees authorized by law. The arbitrator’s decision and
award is final and binding, and judgement on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. We each also
agree as follows:
- B. If either of us wants to arbitrate a dispute, we agree to send written notice to the other providing a description of the dispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supporting documents/information, and the proposed resolution. We will send notice to you based on the contact information you have provided us, and we agree to make attempts to resolve the dispute. If we cannot resolve the dispute within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the notice to arbitrate, then we may submit the dispute to formal arbitration.
- D. We each agree not to pursue arbitration on a classwide basis. We each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and us (not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in court.
- E. We each are responsible for our respective costs relating to counsel, experts, and witnesses, as well as any other costs relating to the arbitration.
3. No Class Actions
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO
EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE
CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
15. No Trial By Jury
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER
16. Amendment; Additional Terms
1. We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time and for any
we reserve the right to provide you with operating rules or additional terms that may govern your use of our
Websites generally, unique parts of our Websites, or both (“Additional Terms”). Any Additional Terms that we may
immediately upon notice, either by posting on our Websites or by notification by email or conventional mail. It is
Additional Terms will signify your assent to and acceptance of the same. If you object to any subsequent revision to
if you do not have an Membership, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of our Websites.
1. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be
deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for
invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions
incorporated by reference) constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof,
and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between us with respect to such subject matter.
any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. Any such purported assignment or
delegation by you without the appropriate prior written consent will be null and void and of no force and effect.
identifiable information’ (PII) is being used online. PII, as used in US privacy law and
information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify,
carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect or otherwise handle your Personally
Identifiable Information in accordance with our website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address,
mailing address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter,
respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in
the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your
visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of
persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information
confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through
your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your
process the items in your shopping cart. They are also used to help us understand your preferences
based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. We
better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off
all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little
different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the users experience that make your
site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still
place orders .
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These
third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or
liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity
of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to
provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our site and other sites on the Internet. Users may
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies)
and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to
compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you
can opt out by visiting theNetwork Advertising initiative
opt out pageor permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
CalOPPA is the first state law in the nation to require commercial websites and online services to post a
United States (and conceivably the world) that operates websites collecting personally identifiable information
the information being collected and those individuals with whom it is being shared, and to comply with
this policy. – See more
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
first significant page after entering our website.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT)
browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy
Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer
protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services
must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts
they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe.
Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply
with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should
a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redressprinciple, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue
legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This
principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that
individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial
messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough
penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can and we will promptly
remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited on 2020-09-16